Every year for the past presidential administration I would get down on my knees and pray to the Almighty that things would get better. In 2008 it was that our economy would heal from the tumultuous Great Recession. Afterwards it was that our president would bring peace and prosperity to our Homeland and stabilize the Middle East. Each year I became more and more disappointed by what was going on. The worst was the riots, cops being gunned down for no apparent reason other than doing their job, the ever widening racial divide, the so called Affordable Care Act, and the forgotten Middle Class. 2016 was the final year of an impotent administration that left me gasping for a new candidate and possible individual who will not only restore the confidence of the citizens of the United States, but bring back the perception globally that the United States took a brief pause and is still the strongest major player on the face of the planet. In other words: Don’t fuck with us!
Now that Donald Trump is our President Elect my hopes for 2017 are as follows:
- The repeal of all or most of the Affordable Care Act
- The repeal of Obama’s executive orders
- The revival of the coal industry
- Drilling for oil when and where we damn please
- Veterans being given quality healthcare and the ability to pick their own healthcare provider
- The expansion and reinforcement of our military
- The punishment of sanctuary cities
- The appointment of possibly two conservative Chief Justices of the United States Supreme Court (Ruth Bader Ginsberg is on her way out shortly)
- The ultimate smackdown on those states like Iran and North Korea that have the audacity to threaten us at every turn (definition of smackdown to be determined by President Trump and Secretary of Defense James Mattis
- School choice
- The Second Amendment as the law of the land whereas individuals of any state or walk of life can carry a firearm in order to secure their own wellbeing
- The improvement of the United States infrastructure
- Increased employment (We’re talking quality jobs, people. Not this part time bullshit)
- The mending of the racial divide
- The destruction of ISIS
- The deportation of illegal immigrants and the security of our borders (I would like to start the criminals and go from there. Face it, they have to go first.)
- Moving the American embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem effectively recognizing it as the capitol of Israel and reinforcing our commitment that Israel is our greatest ally in the Middle East. Fuck with them, you fuck with us. And you don’t want to fuck with us.
- An increase in the standard of living as well as increased salaries across the board (Prosperity, people! That’s what we are all about!)
- The curtailing of Chinese expansion
- The reduction of the size of the government
There you have it! Those are my hopes for this upcoming year. There’s much more to add to this list, but I think this covers most of it.
God bless all of my fellow Americans, wherever they may be; God bless our military men and women throughout the world keeping us safe from harm and our country strong; and a big goodbye to 2016! I, for one, am not going to miss you.